Category Archives: Rental Property

Why Are Reluctant Landlords Reluctant?

Frustrated man

When your weather app is telling you there’s a 98% chance of rain today it’s going to be wet. Hoping that 2% will come through for you is wishful thinking. My lads are off to Holland to a Eurocamp for 12 days and they are timing it well. Getting out of Dodge at the right

Income Tax Returns – Getting It Right First Time

Ludmila

It’s a gorgeous morning here in sunny Tramore. But I am off to the airport for a weekend break in Italy. Let’s hope there’ll be no bare-knuckle fights in the departure lounge when we get there. The cat is very unhappy with the upheaval of my departure. And is unhappy with my attempts to say,

Top Tax Tips – Renting Out Property- Part 2

There’s a spring in the step of the Tramore seagulls this morning. They have heard about the abolition of the inter county travel ban. More people equals more food. Happy days. Hair will get back to normal in two weeks and we will be more beautiful again. Bouncers that worked in pubs could get a

Top 10 tax tip for renting property in Ireland – Part 1

Greetings from Tramore. Another very promising day here. The washing is on the line, the Super League is dead in the water. Jose Mourinho is gone from Spurs. Another big payoff! I only found out about that on Tuesday night given the furore over the Super League. Greed and avarice took hold of the 12

Property – Stamp Duty & Your Labour

It’s a balmy 9 degrees in Tramore but plenty of Sunshine and a 1% chance of rain. If it rains today, I will be getting onto the developers of that free app on my phone! Not quite break out the cider and soak up the rays in the back garden yet, but the fact that

What Do Revenue Know About You?

Wow, what a morning out there! That’s wet rain in its truest sense. A flock of wet seagulls were stuck to the balcony window this morning. They had that look of disappointment. Knowing they made a mistake coming back from their holidays in Africa too early. It’s week 11 now without a haircut. My locks

Tax Tips When You Sell Assets – Part 2

Still sitting here waiting for the snow to arrive. Hair is growing at a rapid rate. I felt something move around up there. It could be a flock of seagulls. I need a team of barbers with scythes, hedge clippers, and buckets of patience to sort this out. Our business was 10 years old yesterday

Non-Resident Landlords – Do you need help?

If you rent a property in Ireland but you’re a resident of any other country worldwide, you are what we call a non-resident landlord. If you’re getting rent from your property in Ireland, the money you’re making comes under Irish taxation law, and so you’re required to complete an Irish tax return to declare that

The Pros and Cons of renting out property in Ireland

Pros and Cons of renting out property in Ireland

With booming tech and tourism sectors in Ireland, not to mention increasing numbers of students attending Irish universities, colleges and institutes, demand for rental properties has never been greater. In fact, the average monthly rent in Ireland is the highest it’s been in over a decade. So, is purchasing a property to rent still a

Non-resident Landlords – How to return my income?

Things on the political front are quite crazy across the water and the uncertainty isn’t good for anyone, so hopefully a workable solution for all will be the final outcome. Teresa May is one formidable lady and must be under severe pressure. On the sporting side of things the writer is extremely happy about the